Tattooing is one of the oldest and most recognized forms of self-expression. It has been an enduring tradition in cultures dating back to Neolithic times, with the earliest direct evidence coming from around 4900 BC. People get “inked” for many personal reasons such as to pay tribute, to remember events, struggles or other people, to express creativity, to spread a particular belief or message, because of a love for art or simply for self-expression. Whatever the reason, it is imperative that aftercare procedures are strictly followed in order to protect the skin from bacterial infections and inflammation.
After getting a tattoo, it takes approximately 2 to 3 weeks for the skin to heal completely (though it may appear slightly shiny and scaly for several more weeks). The skin around a new tattoo often remains extremely sensitive and the recipient will notice a significant reduction in pain threshold during this period. The systems in his or her body treat the tattoo as an injury so, in order for the area to heal completely and naturally, he or she must devote particular attention to its care and maintenance. Tattoo lotion, creams and ointments are the most common and effective aftercare products available on the market. A couple examples of these include:
– Tattoo Healing Creams and Lotions: Herbal healing creams and lotions help a tattoo heal faster without causing skin irritation. Natural moisturizing lotions provide essential moisture and nourishment to the skin so that the tattoo is protected and retains its shine.
– Natural Butters and Oils: Natural butter and oils act as lubricants between the tattoo and skin, helping your tattoo to heal faster. Natural butter also minimizes bleeding, swelling and redness.
The use of non-porous, petroleum-based products must be avoided in tattoo aftercare as they hinder the body’s natural healing process and starve the skin of much-needed oxygen. Instead, herbal tattoo lotions should be applied to complement the body’s natural responses.
Tattoo lotions benefit aftercare by:
– Keeping Skin Moisturized: It is essential that a new tattoo be kept moist to prevent the effects of drying. During and particularly after the tattooing process, it is important to keep your skin moisturized to avoid the formation of a major scab. Herbal tattoo lotions keep your skin hydrated for a longer period of time and also speed up the healing process. Natural tattoo care products can help in soothing the irritations, redness and rashes during recovery.
– Promoting Scabbing and Peeling: Scabbing and peeling are important steps in the body’s natural healing process and are completely normal. Lotions and creams help to reduce itching that accompanies scabbing and also ease the peeling process.
– Nourishing Skin: The nutrients present in tattoo lotions and creams provide the skin with nourishment that is necessary for proper healing.
Herbal tattoo care products are 100% safe for skin, gently exfoliating skin and keeping the tattoo clean and bright.
While many stores may sell herbal tattoo care products, only a few prominent and trusted retailers sell a full line of superior-quality care. One of these is Green Goo. Green Goo has a comprehensive line of natural, chemical-free and organic homeopathic and first aid products. Green Goo’s exclusive Tattoo Care line fights infection, scabbing and fading. Everyone wants their tattoo to look great for decades to come and, with Green Goo, it will. Green Goo also offers a wide variety of all-natural products specially formulated for skin care, personal care and even pets. Examples include natural deodorant, shampoo, sunblock and soaps.
About Green Goo
Green Goo is widely recognized for delivering superior-quality organic skin care and personal care products for everyone, including babies and pets. It also provides 100% natural tattoo care products which accelerate the post-tattooing healing process.
For more information, please visit Greengoohelps.com
Author: greengoohelpsThis author has published 3 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.