How to Create a Blog Using Blogger (Step-by-step Guide)
Even though there are many blogging platforms available, Google’s
Blogger (also known as Blogspot) and WordPress are by far the
most popular platforms used by bloggers. Personally, I subscribe to the opinion that WordPress is much better than Blogger. And I’d recommend that you start with WordPress. But if you’re new to blogging and aren’t ready to spend a dime on your blog until it starts fetching you money, you can start with Blogger – because it’s free and very easy to use. You can find more-than-countable tutorials online on how to set up your blog on WordPress. So, I won’t be discussing that here for space and other reasons. Just Google “how to set up a WordPress blog,” and you’ll get many relevant results.
Now, let me walk you through the simple process of setting up your
new blog on Blogger. Just follow the following steps:
Setting up the blog
1. Visit www.blogger.com.
2. If you already have an account with Google (such as a Gmail
account), enter your email and password in the columns provided.
3. If you don’t have a Google account, click the red “sign up”
button (top right) to register an account first.
4. On the Confirm your profile page, you’ll see two tabs. Click on
the one by the right (Create a limited Blogger profile). An
empty column will pop up under for your display name. In this
column, enter the name you’d like to be displayed on your blog
and on your posts. (You can use your real name or a
5. Check the “feature announcements” box.
6. Click “continue to Blogger.” (You’ll be taken to the next page.)
7. On the next page (Your Name’s Blogs), click on “New blog.”
8. In the spaces provided, enter the title of your new blog and
your preferred URL address.https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayowa-oladoyinbo-707672b2/
9. Choose a template from the displayed options to start with.
10. Hit the “Create a blog” button.
And that’s it! You now have your new blog. And you can start
blogging right away.
Click on the “start blogging” link, and you’ll be taken to the
Overview page. On the left side of this page, there is a menu with a list of tabs – Overview, Posts, Pages, Comments, etc. Before I explain how to publish a new post, let me tell you more about these tabs:
Overview: displays summarized information about your blog –
such as the number of page views, comments, etc.
Posts: displays your published posts as well as those saved as
Pages: displays your blog’s stand-alone pages — such as About
page, Contact page, etc.
Comments: displays the comments left by readers on your
Google+: displays your Google+ profile (if you have set it up).
Stats: displays vital statistics about your blog, including
information about your traffic sources, audience, posts, etc.
Earnings: displays your Google Adsense earnings (after you’ve
set up Adsense for your blog). Don’t tamper with this for now.
Layout: displays your blog’s layout (you can modify this as you
Template: displays your blog’s template.
Publishing your posts
To publish a new post on your blog, follow these steps:
1. Click the “New post” button (top left). (You’ll be taken to another page, on which you’ll write your post title and body.)
2. Enter the topic of your blog post in the “Post title” field.
3. Write your post body in the large space created.
4. Using the appropriate buttons at the top of the large area,
format your text (bold, underline, or italicize) and add links or
images (if you have any).
5. See the “post settings” tab by the right. Under it, you’ll see the
Labels: Enter a category for your blog post
Schedule: Choose “automatic” to publish the post instantly.
Or set another date and time of your choice (past or future)
Permalink: Set the URL for your post. (Choose “custom
permalink” to change it to anything you prefer.)
Location: State your location (not necessary)
Options: Specify if you want to allow your readers to leave
comments on the post
6. Using the appropriate buttons by the top right, you can publish
the post to send it live, preview it before publishing, or save it
for later editing and publishing. If you’re ready to see your post
live, hit the “publish” button.
Now, you can see that setting a blog is very easy — on Blogger. It’s a
bit more complicated on WordPress, though.
Now, following the steps listed above, set up your new blog, and get
ready to launch your online business!
Author: Mayorlad1This author has published 1 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.